How to Return Items
Refunds on Returned Items
For all returns please enclose the returns form, which can be found on the reverse of your order note, inserted into your parcel. If you have lost your returns form you can download and print a copy here. Please ensure that no other labels or barcodes are showing on the parcel aside from your returns label.
If you have standard size package the easiest way to return a parcel is via Hermes, directly below. For 2 person courier collections or Royal Mail please scroll down the page
Return via Hermes courier:
You can easily arrange for a Hermes courier to pick up your return via the Hermes Portal. When clicking on the link you will be redirected immediately to the Hermes website, and you just need to enter “Scotts and Co” into the brand search, select the date for the collection and choose if this is for a standard size or large parcel.
You will need your original order number to book your collection, this can be found on your order note inside your parcel or order confirmation email.
If your parcel was delivered by Hermes. You can use the Hermes label that is included in your parcel for a courier collection.
If you do not have this label, because the parcel was delivered by Whistl or the label has been lost, you can print a label using the email instructions you will receive when booking the collection via the Hermes Portal.
Return via Drop off point - Hermes ParcelShop:
ParcelShop drop off is only available for Standard size parcels (Max 15KG, Max 120cm long and maximum combined length & circumference 225cm). Attach the included Hermes return label to your parcel and return to your chosen drop-off point.
If you no longer have this label, you can print a replacement via the Hermes website by selecting a ParcelShop drop off, or you can print one off in selected ParcelShops. Click here to find a Hermes ParcelShop using your postcode. Hermes have over 5000 ParcelShops in the UK, they are open 7 days a week with long opening hours and free
If your product was delivered by our two-person courier Arrow-XL, please contact us here to arrange a collection.
Post office/Royal Mail-
Please attach the Royal Mail label onto the parcel. Take the parcel to the post office, affix a stamp and please retain proof of postage.
Gift Discoveries Return Policy:
You may return an item within 30 days of receipt unused and in its original packaging for an exchange or refund.
- We will credit the full amount to the original payment method excluding any shipping costs and discounts received on your original payment.
- We do not accept returns on certain items such as: Software; Personalised items which are made for you; Perishable items; Hygiene-sensitive items (including pierced earrings, pillows, mattress-toppers and duvets), unless faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights. Please see full list below.
- Returned parcels remain the customer’s responsibility until safely received by us. We recommend you obtain proof a certificate of posting. Parcel insurance is recommended when returning goods valued over £30
- Card refunds can take up to 10 working days to be processed by your Bank. This varies between card issuers and unfortunately, we are unable to influence this.
- Replacements or refunds for exchange of damaged or wrongly selected goods will not be processed until the original items has been received back in our warehouse.
- If goods which form part of a ‘bundle offer’ are returned for a refund, then the remaining items will revert to their normal price. You will be refunded accordingly.
- The company reserves the right to refuse a refund if the condition of the goods reflects normal wear and tear. All refunds and replacements will be processed on receipt of the returned items.
Are there any items where you will not accept returns?
There are certain items where unless faulty or damaged we are unable to accept returns. This includes:
- Self-assembly furniture if partly or completely assembled
- Bespoke furniture which has been made to your specifications
- Personalised items unless incorrectly personalised
- Perishable items – such as food
- Software i.e. USB drive and SD cards
- Live plants
- Products which have been opened or their protective packaging/seals removed and cannot therefore be returned for hygiene reasons (unless faulty):
- Pierced earrings
- Bedding, mattress protectors, mattress toppers, bed pads, pillows, duvets, electric blankets
- Beauty/grooming products (pills/potions/creams/ointments/supplements/make-up)
- Toilet seats and brushes
- Any personal care products (such as electric razors)
All items complete with all accessories must be returned in ALL of the original packing, or equivalent protection used. This does not affect your statutory rights
When do I get a refund once I have returned an item?
Once we have received the items back into our warehouse, refunds will be credited back to you using the same method with which you originally paid. We will credit the full amount to the original purchaser’s payment card excluding any shipping costs and discounts received on your original payment. Card refunds can take up to 10 working days to be processed by your Bank. This varies between card issuers and unfortunately, we are unable to influence this.
If goods which form part of a ‘bundle offer’ are returned for a refund, then the remaining items will revert to their normal price. You will be refunded accordingly.
The company reserves the right to refuse a refund if the condition of the goods reflects normal wear and tear. All refunds and replacements will be processed on receipt of the returned items.